Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Racism 1 25 11

I chose a story i can relate to, which would be the african american's experience when he went into a store. He bought a shirt and while walking out a security officer searched him. My expirience didnt quite happen like this but it was some what familiar. When i went to a store with a bunch of my friends i noticed this one person being around us in different locations. Once we got what we had to buy and payed for it at the door that same guy stopped us and asked if he can see our backpacks. Once he was done searching he let us go. I guess he thought we were going to steal something. This guys experience made him feel down. This made him feel like this because he was thought of a thief only because he was black.

3 comments:

  1. I THINK THAT IS AS STEREO TYPING AS YOU CAN GET. YOU DON'T JUST ASK A PERSON TO SEARCH THEIR STUFF FOR NO REASON CUZ IM SURE HE WOULDN'T HAVE DONE IT TO SOME RICH WHITE PERSON...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has happend to me before and i was just being followed around the store and when i left he tried to stop me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i notice these situations a lot. to be honest i dont really get looked at like that when i go to stores, but I have been there and seen it done to my friends. It's good that when they searched you that you didnt have anything, because he looked and probably felt stupid after that

    ReplyDelete